How to Use Your Reishi Mushroom Fruiting Body Extract in Delicious Drinks
It’s 2019, and the demand for mushroom supplements is quickly rising. The resurgence of using mushrooms as food and function is long overdue, with reishi remaining one of the all-star mushrooms. And at Mushroom Revival, we are here to make sure we supply the market with the highest quality, most potent mushroom extracts possible. So what’s the best way to use reishi mushroom fruiting body extract?
Reishi is commonly used to support longevity, immune function, and the natural transition to sleep. It is a well-rounded mushroom that you can consume any time of day. Click below to shop for our Reishi Mushroom tincture, made with 100% fruiting bodies!
Emergency Sleep Tonic with Reishi Fruiting Body Extract
This nighttime latte is our go-to when we can’t seem to decompress enough in time for bed. It’s also a useful elixir to support good quality sleep, say if you are traveling or have to spend your night in a less than comfortable bed, airplane, bus, or sleeping bag.
- 1 tbsp Skullcap herb and/or Chamomile
- 1 cup almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 dropper-fulls of Mushroom Revival’s Reishi Mushroom fruiting body extract
- First brew the tea for 5 minutes in about 5 ounces of water, with the top covered to retain all the oils.
- Warm up milk in saucepan or small pot, stirring in the honey.
- Combine the liquid in your jar, mug, or thermos.
- Add 3 dropper fulls of reishi tincture and stir.
- Top with cinnamon.
Tip: Prep this tonic well before you’ll need it, especially if traveling, and keep in an insulated bottle so it’s hot and ready when you are.
Reishi Mocha Latte
Level up your coffee, make this casual drink supercharged and full of potent goodness. Reishi goes wonderfully with chocolate, so we’ve created this divine recipe for a Reishi Mocha.
- Ground coffee or espresso
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 3 dropper fulls of Mushroom Revival’s Reishi Mushroom fruiting body extract
- Optional sweetener: 1 tsp raw honey, 1 date, a few drops of stevia extract
- Brew your coffee or espresso as normal. If brewing regular coffee, try using less water (same amount of beans — this will result in a stronger concentration) so you can combine with cream.
- In a saucepan or pot, heat the coconut cream to just before simmer.
- Combine the cream, coffee, coconut oil, cacao powder, reishi extract and sweetener into a blender.
- Blend on low until you get a nice frothy layer on the top.
- Pour into a mason jar or mug and enjoy!
- 1 jar regular local honey (around 16 oz)
- 1 fluid ounce of Mushroom Revival’s Reishi Mushroom Extract
- Warm honey by placing it in a glass jar and submerging in boiling water
- Add in the reishi extract and stir with a small whisk or fork until contents seem homogenous
- Turn off the stove top and let cool, then store honey in a cool, dry place
Get creative with your reishi mushroom fruiting body extract! Our extracts are super concentrated and don’t need any further processing to make sure you are getting the most out of these awesome mushrooms.
And check out our podcast all about this impressive mushroom. There may be a surprise at the end to get money off your order of any reishi tincture!