Get the Most Health Benefits of Lion’s Mane With These Recipes*
Welcome back to our Mushroom Revival Blog! If you are a first timer, we are excited you have stumbled upon our page. This article will discuss the health benefits of Lion’s Mane and some great ways to enjoy them with some of our favorite recipes.*
Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a wonderful mushroom to incorporate into your diet. With a texture and flavor that translates well into seafood recipes, Lion’s Mane mushroom is the perfect substitute for lobster, crab, and fish. It is thought of as a gourmet mushroom in many high-end restaurants.
Not only is Lion’s Mane a tasty treat, it can also support the immune, digestive, and nervous systems.* Lion’s Mane is one of the best-known mushrooms for promoting healthy brain function.* Studies have shown this mushroom supports memory retention and helps promote concentration.* Due to the way the mushroom supports nerve growth factor to support the growth of healthy neurons, Lion’s Mane can be very supportive for overall cognitive function.*
Here are six recipes to try to get the most health benefits of Lion’s Mane.* Enjoy these recipes, while also promoting brain power, clarity, and focus with this awesome mushroom!*
Lion’s Mane “Crab” Cakes
Yields 6 servings
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups dehydrated Lion’s Mane mushroom pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup of flour or breadcrumbs (optionally gluten free)
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, egg, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, add the Lion’s Mane mushrooms with the bell pepper, scallion, and garlic. Mix in flour or breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Stir in the small bowl’s ingredients.
- Use mixture to form 6 or so patties.
- Coat a large skillet with oil and heat over medium-high. Add the cakes and cook until golden and crispy, a few minutes per side.
- Enjoy the health benefits of Lion’s Mane when you enjoy these cakes with lemon juice or another favorite topping!*
Lion's Mane Fillets
- 1 pound of Lion’s Mane mushroom, sliced into ¾ inch fillets, excess water pressed out
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup dry white wine (or substitute with 2 tablespoons dry sherry)
- 1 medium shallot, minced (or substitute with 3 cloves of garlic)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the Lion’s Mane filets with salt and pepper
- Heat ghee in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add Lion’s Mane and press down with spatula to eliminate excess water. Saute on both sides under brown and tender.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add wine or sherry and shallot or garlic, cover and cook until garlic is soft.
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy the health benefits of Lion’s Mane, deliciously!*
Lion's Mane Clarity Latte
Yields 1 serving
- ½ cup coffee
- ½ teaspoon of Mushroom Revival Lion’s Mane tincture
- ½ cup milk of choice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Add ingredients to a blender. Blend on high until frothy and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a jar or mug, and enjoy the health benefits of Lion’s Mane!*
Tip: Add some Daily 10 to this recipe for even more Mush magic and benefits!
Lion's Mane "Lobster" Roll
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound Lion’s Mane mushrooms, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- 4 rolls, hoagie or french (option to serve on salad)
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in Old Bay seasoning, celery salt, and lemon juice.
- Add mushroom slices to the egg mixture and toss until absorbed.
- Heat oil or ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook mushroom slices, searing each side for about 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms and drain on paper towels. Once cooled, shred the mushrooms with a couple of forks or your fingers.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, onions, dill, parsley, and celery. Add the shredded mushrooms and mix thoroughly. Add additional celery salt and/or lemon juice to taste.
- Cut open the bread rolls or prepare a salad to serve the Lion’s Mane “lobster” on. Enjoy!
Tip: Add a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce for some punch!
Lion’s Mane Pancakes
Yields 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 ¼ cups of flour (substitute for gluten free options)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup of fresh Lion’s Mane, chopped
- Toppings of choice
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Add flour, butter, and mushrooms and stir until smooth.
- Add butter to a pan on medium-high heat, add ½ cup of mix to the pan and flip when bubbles appear. When both sides are golden brown, add toppings and eat up!
Honeyed Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- 1 teaspoon honey (raw & local, recommended)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup Lion’s Mane mushroom, finely chopped
- Melt the butter and honey together in a pan.
- Stir in the Lion’s Mane and cook for about 5 minutes.
Tip: Enjoy this tasty treat as is or add as a topping to any desserts, pancakes, etc!
More Ways to Access the Health Benefits of Lion's Mane*
One way to incorporate mushrooms into our lives is diet. Another way is through extracts such as tinctures. To learn more about the health benefits of Lion’s Mane, visit our blog post, or go a step further and check out our Lion’s Mane tincture that now includes cinnamon to promote the benefits of Lion’s Mane more directly, as well as add to the delicious taste!* Lion’s Mane mushroom can also be found in our Daily 10 tincture, and Lion’s Mane tincture (with cinnamon!).
Spread the word, follow our Instagram and become a part of the myco-family at Mushroom Revival. Save 20% on our tinctures when you subscribe! By planting a tree for every product we sell and using as much recyclable or biodegradable packaging as possible, we not only revitalize our bodies, but the body of the planet, as well. If you feel compelled, share your own thoughts and testimonials!
Did you know that for every item Mushroom Revival sells, a tree is planted? Learn more about our One Tree Program here.