Three Delicious and Easy Reishi Mushroom Recipes
A REISHI MUSHROOM RECIPE FOR WHATEVER MOOD YOU’RE IN
Reishi mushroom has a deliciously bitter taste, reminiscent of rich dark chocolate. (It’s the mushroom for all you chocolate lovers out there.) Reishi’s bitter taste comes from its triterpenes, which support many functions in the body, including brain function, as well as supporting the nervous and immune system.* At Mushroom Revival, we love to use Reishi mushroom to support relaxation and prepare the body for restful sleep, and as an overall daily support tonic.* Read on for some yummy and nourishing Reishi mushroom recipes that will satisfy any craving!
UPLIFTING REISHI “SNICKERS”
Makes 24 Servings
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 48 raw or roasted almonds
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 dropperfuls Mushroom Revival Reishi tincture
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the pitted dates in half and place them on the parchment paper, cut side face up.
- Stuff two of the almonds in each date.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for about a minute, pausing every. Once the chocolate is mostly melted, add the Reishi extract, coconut oil and sea salt to taste.
- Divide the chocolate mixture over the dates, adding more sea salt, if desired.
- Let cool and enjoy immediately, or cover and refrigerate for later!
For another Reishi mushroom recipe idea, check out this other blog post!
Makes 30 servings
- ½ cup milk (your choice of nut, oat, or cow)
- 8 droppersful Mushroom Revival Reishi tincture
- Sea salt (optional)
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 orange, zested
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Heat milk over medium-low heat until simmering. Transfer to a bowl, then whisk in the Reishi extract, and an optional pinch of sea salt.
- Add in chocolate and orange zest. Stir until chocolate has melted, then refrigerate until slightly firm, for about an hour.
- Combine cocoa powder, hemp seeds, and a pinch of salt (optional) in a shallow container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the refrigerated chocolate mixture, and form into a truffle shape. Drop it into the cocoa combination and shake gently to coat. Do this with each scoop, totaling about 30 truffles.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate!
RESTORATIVE REISHI MUSHROOM CHAI LATTE
Makes 4 servings
- 4 full droppers of Mushroom Revival Reishi tincture
- 4 or 5 slices Astragalus root
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppercorns
- 3 Star Anise pods
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Milk of your choice, to serve
- Sweetener of your choice, to serve
- Combine Reishi extract, Astragalus root, and water in a pot. Heat until simmering. Cover and keep hot for at least 30 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for vanilla extract, milk, and sweetener. Steep on very low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract, if desired.
- Strain into the teapot, and serve with sweetener or milk of your choice.
Reishi Mushroom at Mushroom Revival
At Mushroom Revival, we also use Reishi mushroom powder in our Daily 10 Tincture, which would be a great substitute in any of these recipes for more whole system health support.* Check out our video on How to Make Reishi Tea and dive deeper into the various uses of this mushroom!
We plant a tree with each product sold – support your health and the health of the planet with your purchase. Spread the spores and create your own revival story, mush love!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.