Shiitake Mushroom Supplement Benefits and Recipe*
A Breakdown of Shiitake Mushroom
Shiitake mushrooms have a delicious meaty flavor and texture that is enjoyed in a variety of culinary dishes. You can find this superfood in most health food stores and grocery stores, as it is popularly cultivated. Native to several areas of East Asia, Shiitake grows on dead or dying hardwood trees. These mushrooms have a brown cap, white spores, and serrated gills. In addition to being used in nutrient-dense meals, this mushroom is also made accessible in teas, tinctures, and powders. Keep reading to learn more about nutritious Shiitake mushroom preparations.
Nutrition of Shiitake Mushrooms
The name “Shiitake,” comes from Japan. In Japanese, Shiia refers to a variety of chestnut trees (such as those on which this fungus would grow), and take means “mushroom.” Shiitake’s Latin genus and species are Lentinula edodes. Lent means “supple” and edodes means “edible.” In traditional Chinese use, Shiitake has been used to support cardiovascular health, metabolism, and immune function.* As an adaptogenic mushroom, Shiitake may also support the body’s response to occasional environmental, physical, and psychological stressors.*
This nutritious mushroom contains vitamins and minerals such as copper, calcium, iron, Vitamin C, and B vitamins.* Maintaining healthy levels of B vitamins, which promote cognitive health and clarity, is important for overall health.* Additionally, Shiitake is also a source of selenium, niacin, zinc, and manganese, which may support the body in various ways .*
What Makes Shiitake So Incredible?
Shiitake mushrooms contain many constituents that may support bodily well-being.* Specifically, one polysaccharide derived from Shiitake is Lentinan, which studies demonstrate supports a healthy immune system.* Another chemical compound, Eritadenine, has been studied for its connection to possibly support liver function in already healthy bodies.* Shiitake also contains phytonutrients that may promote circulatory and digestive health.* A Shiitake mushroom supplement may support the body and your daily routine in a concentrated, easy-to-take form.*
Here at Mushroom Revival, Certified Organic Shiitake can be found in our DAILY 10 Mushroom Mix, providing adaptogenic support with 10 different mushrooms. Enjoy Daily 10 in food recipes, drinks, or simply by themselves get your Shiitake mushroom intake! By planting one tree for every purchase, we encourage the revitalization of our planet and ourselves!
Read on for a delicious recipe to enjoy Shiitake mushrooms!
Sautéed Shiitake Mushroom Recipe
- 1 pound organic Shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the Shiitake by removing the stems and cutting the mushroom cap into slices.
- Heat the broth in a frying pan, then add the mushrooms and garlic. Steam under a cover for a few minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove cover, then cook until the broth has evaporated and mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl, then toss with olive oil and fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Add in our DAILY 10 Extract for a greater variety of mushrooms.