Mushroom Powder Benefits: The Ultimate Guide
Are you looking to start your journey to better health and wellness? Here's what mushroom powder can do for you!
At Mushroom Revival, we love learning and teaching others about the fantastic properties of nature's gifts - which is why we're obsessed with functional mushrooms. Functional mushrooms are the ultimate supplement to make you feel healthy, vibrant, and at peak performance.
If you want to learn about mushroom powder benefits, you've come to the right place! Buckle up and get ready to start your wellness journey!
What Is Mushroom Powder?
Mushroom powder is a supplement made using dual extracted functional mushrooms like turkey tail mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, or lion's mane mushrooms that have been put through a machine called a spray dryer which then turns that liquid extract into a concentrated bioavailable potent mushroom powder. Functional mushrooms differ from culinary mushrooms in that they provide benefits for your body that surpass their nutritional value.
The powder is also mixed with ingredients that enhance their beneficial compounds and blend easily into your food or drink of choice to provide your body with what it needs. As with any supplement, it’s important to take the time to investigate where the company sources their mushrooms from and whether they use 100% of the mushroom’s fruiting body instead of the mycelium. If they don’t use 100% fruiting bodies, the mushroom supplement will be a fraction of the beneficial compounds and will be usually packed with up to 90% rice or oat filler ingredients.
The mushroom powder is for daily use and mixed with your favorite fruits and drinks to provide you with your daily dose of health-promoting compounds. You aren’t limited to only the powdered form of functional mushrooms, as there are also capsules, tinctures, and gummies to suit your daily schedule and preferences.
Powdered Mushrooms vs Powdered Extract
Some companies out there will just take mushrooms and mill them into a powder, or even worse use the roots of the mushroom (mycelium), growing on a filler media (rice or oats), and grind that inferior product into a powder without ever extracting it. Mushrooms are made of chitin which is one of the strongest bio polymers on planet earth and the functional compounds are trapped inside these intricate fortresses. Companies need to extract these mushrooms to break down the chitin walls so your body can actually absorb these compounds and they are bioavailable to your body. If a company doesn’t extract their powders, they will just pass through your body while you reap a tiny fraction of the benefit and “dispose” of the rest. So make sure when you’re buying mushroom powders that they say they are dual extracted so you get the best bang for your buck.
Benefits Of Mushroom Powder
Now that you know what mushroom powder is, let's dive in and discover the health-supportive properties gained from taking a mushroom powder or supplement daily.
Many functional mushrooms contain compounds which may support your neurological function and health. These compounds could help to stimulate nerve growth factor (NGF), which support cognitive function -
Some mushroom powders blend a variety of mushroom types that work synergistically to support your overall health - such as the Daily 10 blend, which contains ten functional mushrooms.
Mushroom powder supports your energy levels by providing you with the following compounds and nutrients:
- The reishi mushroom is an adaptogen, which is a class of herbs or mushrooms which help to balance the body's natural response to occasional stress. With its support of the adrenal functions of the body, reishi may balance the modulation of your occasional stress response, helping you to better handle the curve balls of life.
- The shiitake mushroom contains Vitamin B, a nutrient responsible for helping the body convert food into energy - thus, it could help with our body's energy management processes.
- Cordyceps contains cordycepin, a compound that may fuel our bodies without requiring conversion, so the body gets more energy without more effort!
If you want to use a mushroom powder to support your body's energy level management, you should get a supplement containing the functional mushrooms listed above. Our Daily 10 mushroom powders contain each functional mushroom known to benefit energy levels and help you get out of your energy funk!
Cognitive Function, Mood Balance, And Focus
Did you know functional mushrooms could promote mental clarity, focus, and memory by offering nourishment to our neurons and cerebral system? Mushroom powders can be your brain's best friend!
The polysaccharides in functional mushrooms may encourage the body's natural ability to reduce occasional inflammation post workout or other like activities, which may support the body's ability to focus. This property is why mushrooms could support spiritual practices like meditation.
Since many of the compounds in mushroom powders may support many of your body's natural processes, this could encourage more mental clarity, focus, and mood balance. Additionally, the adaptogens are beneficial in helping the body adapt to occasional stress. They are like your helping hand during those times when life seems to be spinning out of control.
There are mushroom powder blends designed to support focus throughout the day and help you quickly shake off that mid-afternoon brain fog - just like our Focus mushroom powder.
Adaptogenic mushrooms may help guide your body's natural occasional stress response, 'adapting' to different occasional stressors more easily. When the mind is under occasional stress and duress, it can be difficult to achieve focus, and adaptogens could be helpful on such occasions.
Adaptogenic mushrooms have a well-earned reputation for supporting and balancing immune function. The mechanism of this benefit is thought to be in modulating the immune system through the compounds inside called 1,3 1,6 beta glucans.
8 Types Of Mushroom Powder
Are you impressed yet? Well, here are the 7 types of mushroom powder available, and how each mushroom is beneficial to your overall health.
The maitake mushroom is incorporated into mushroom powder to provide the following benefits for your health:
- Providing 1,3 1,6 beta glucans to support your immune function
- Providing support that could help your body manage occasional stress levels and contribute to healthy occasional stress response in the body.
- Providing amino acids that could benefit your body's overall function
The shiitake mushroom is commonly used in Japanese cooking recipes and provides the following benefits for your body:
- Shiitake mushrooms provide 1,3 1,6 beta glucans that may support the body's production of white blood cells, which play an essential role in supporting immune system function.
- Polysaccharides in shiitake mushrooms may help the body’s natural ability to manage your body's natural inflammation response post-workout, which could benefit skin health and the body's occasional stress response - supporting balance and harmony within the body.
The Chaga mushroom is known for providing the following benefits for your general health and well-being:
- The Chaga mushroom provides antioxidant support, which may help the body’s natural detox process.
- Chaga is also packed with 1,3 1,6 beta glucans which help support the immune system.
The turkey tail mushroom is named for its plume-like cap and an array of autumnal colors resembling a turkey's tail. Here are some of the beneficial compounds in this mushroom species:
- The turkey tail mushroom has a rich offering of prebiotic fiber, which may support the body's management of healthy gut flora. Gut health supports your immune system and promotes healthy digestion.
- Polysaccharides found in turkey tail could support your body's immune system, supporting T cells that bridge the body's adaptive and innate immune response.
- The adaptogenic properties of turkey tail may be beneficial in aiding the body's natural response to occasional stress.
Cordyceps is identified by its thin and long structure and distinctive orange-yellow coloring. Here are some of the beneficial compounds you'll find in the cordyceps mushroom:
- The cordycepin found in the cordyceps mushroom may provide the body with fuel, like a compound called ATP, only it does not require conversion in the body, making it a 'free' energy source.
- The cordyceps mushroom is an adaptogen that could help balance occasional stress and support athletic performance, and energy levels.
The reishi mushroom has a shiny, round red cap and is known for providing the body with the following health benefits:
- The reishi mushroom contains the triterpenes, Ganoderic acids A through D, which may be beneficial in helping the body to manage normal healthy inflammatory response post-workout or other like activities. These compounds are also great for supporting your body through seasonal changes and transitions.
- These Ganoderic acids work in tandem with ganodermanontriol, which supports the body's cell growth and repair processes, supporting cardiovascular health.
The lion's mane mushroom has a unique fluffy appearance, the white tendrils extending from the mushroom cap resembling a lion's mane. Here's what you can expect when taking a lion's mane powder:
- The lion's mane mushroom contains hericenones and other cognitive supporting compounds that encourage the body’s production of nerve growth factor (NGF), contributing to neurological health.
- The lion's mane mushroom is also considered an adaptogen, which may support your body's management of occasional stress, helping you to cope with that presentation you’ll be giving on Monday!
Daily 10 Mix Mushroom Blend
Many people wonder which mushroom supplement would provide them the most benefit. The good news is that Mushroom Revival has created a powerful mushroom blend that incorporates the 10 most powerful functional mushrooms - so you don’t have to choose just one! Here are the mushrooms that are included: cordyceps, lion’s mane, reishi, turkey tail, chaga, shiitake, tremella, meshima, maitake, and poria cocos.
Some of the benefits it may offer are:
- Support your body and mind to better handle the occasional stress that comes your way.
- Supporting your immune system to keep the “bad guys” out.
Order today to start reaping the health benefits that adaptogenic and functional mushrooms provide!
How Can You Use Mushroom Powder?
Here are some of the best ways to use mushroom powder in your daily routines and rituals - self-care for the win!
Add It To Hot Beverages Like Coffee Or Tea
Do you depend on your morning cup of Joe to wake up and be productive? Add mushroom powder to your morning coffee to make you feel great all day! You can maximize your productivity with powdered mushrooms for energy and focus. Mushroom coffee is next level!
Or, if you prefer to brew a cup of tea in the evening for relaxation before bed, you can add some mushroom blend to your brew to unwind, relax, and encourage sleep in the evening!
Add Mushroom Powder To Juices, Smoothies, And Shakes
Do you love your daily workout? Do you like to eat well, getting your vitamins and minerals in with a smoothie or juice? You can make your morning juice, smoothie, or protein shake even more beneficial with mushroom powder! You will notice the difference in how you feel throughout the day, enjoying a feeling of wellness, calm, and good health.
Make Your Own Protein/Energy Bars
If you're a fan of protein bars, you can jazz them up with some functional compounds that can help you to maximize those gains! Amino acids and proteins in mushrooms may help get the most out of your workouts. You can even batch-cook your energy bars to make sure you get your daily energy and mushroom dose every day of the week.
Add It To Desserts Like Brownies, Ice Cream, And Pudding
You may be less of a smoothie person and love a good dessert instead. You can enjoy your mushroom goodness with a brownie, your favorite ice cream, and on the cake! Simply add your favorite mushroom blend to your baked goods recipes, and you can enjoy your tasty treats knowing they're doing good for your body. The fine powder will blend perfectly with your dessert - who knew that being healthy could be so tasty!
Add It To Your Favorite Foods Like Oatmeal, Dips, And Dressings
You can enjoy functional mushrooms like cordyceps mushrooms and lion's mane mushrooms in new recipes, however, adding mushroom powder supplements to your favorite dips, dressings, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal is super easy and convenient. Get creative in the kitchen and find new ways to incorporate the top medicinal mushrooms into your diet.
Risks And Side Effects Of Mushroom Powder
The most effective way to make sure you’re getting the benefits of mushroom powder is to follow the label’s directions. It’s important to take these supplements daily in order to start feeling the benefits, and there are limited side effects of note. Of course, if you’re allergic to mushrooms, you would obviously not want to take mushroom supplements. As with any addition to your healthcare regimen, talk with your doctor about any questions or concerns you might have.
If you are wanting to supercharge your general health and well-being, consider implementing an edible mushroom extract into your diet. Whether using powders, tinctures, or capsules, you'll wonder why you didn’t start taking these superfood supplements sooner!
At Mushroom Revival, we believe mushrooms are the future of healthy eating and wellness routines - join us and learn more about the power of mushrooms!