What herbs would be included on an adaptogens list?
An Adaptogens list to help you manage your stress
There’s a lot of buzz around adaptogens these days — and for good reason! Adaptogens are herbs (plants, mushrooms, and other botanicals) that can help support your body’s natural ability to adapt to occasional stress.* That can include both occasional physical and occasional emotional stress.* Adaptogens can help support your adrenals, which are basically the project managers of your body’s natural stress response.* They also help support other body systems and structures during times of occasional stress.*
Adaptogens may support your body in adapting to whatever life throws your way.* They’re a specific group of herbs (and that includes mushrooms) that support your body’s natural stress response.* But before we get to our 15 favorite adaptogens list, let’s take a look at how adaptogens may help in coping with occasional stress.
To be considered an adaptogen, an “herb” has to support the body in it's natural process in adapting to both occasional environmental and psychological stresses.* It must also offer nonspecific support to major systems — including your nervous, endocrine, and immune systems.* Adaptogens may:
- support healthy stamina, energy, and endurance.*
- help support mental concentration and focus.*
- promote your bodies natural response to occasional physical or emotional stress.*
- support your immune system and your endocrine system so that it can do the important work of maintaining your natural defenses.*
- support well-being and promote balance during times of occasional stress.*
Try swapping out some different herbs from this adaptogens list to experiment with some new flavors for this adaptogen latte.
Which herbs would make the cut and be included on an adaptogens list? Here’s a rundown of 15 of the most popular herbs and mushrooms that are classified as adaptogens.*
- American Ginseng root (Panax quinquefolius): Used to support healthy stamina and endurance.*
- Amla berry (Phyllanthus emblica): A traditional Ayurvedic tonic herb.*
- Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera): Helps the body's naturally process in adapting to occasional stress and supports a healthy immune system.*
- Asian Ginseng root (Panax ginseng): Promotes healthy stamina and both mental and physical energy.*
- Cordyceps mushroom fruiting body (Cordyceps militaris): Used to support athletic performance, cellular energy, and endurance.*
- Eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus senticosus): Traditionally used in Russian herbalism to support the adrenals, immune system, and physical stamina.*
- Goji berry (Lycium barbarum): Traditionally used in Chinese herbalism to support healthy energy and both physical and mental performance.*
- Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum): An Ayurvedic herb (known as Tulsi) that has long been used to support a healthy response to occasional stress and positive mood.*
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Supports your bodies natural response to occasional stress.*
- Maca root (Lepidium meyenii): A traditional Peruvian herb used to support healthy energy, stamina, and performance.*
- Reishi mushroom fruiting body (Ganoderma lucidum): Traditionally used in Chinese herbalism to promote relaxation and support the immune system.*
- Rhaponticum root (Rhaponticum carthamoides): Native to Siberia, it supports healthy energy levels and supports your bodies natural response to occasional physical stress.*
- Rhodiola root (Rhodiola rosea): Native to Siberia, it supports your body’s natural ability to manage occasional emotional and physical stress.*
- Schisandra berry (Schisandra chinensis): Traditionally used in Chinese herbalism to support immune health and endurance.*
- Shilajit (Asphaltum bitumen): Found on rocks in the Himalayas and used in Ayurveda, it supports your bodies natural response to occasional stress.*
Try out some mushrooms from off this adaptogens list for yourself!
Mushroom Revival offers Certified Organic double-extracted tinctures of the two most popular adaptogenic mushrooms. Try Reishi tincture for relaxation or Cordyceps Militaris tincture for energy. Or get them both in our Daily 10 Tincture, perfect for adding to smoothies, green juice, and more.