During the valentine’s season, nothing says “I love you” quite like chocolate truffle and nothing shows “true love” like the kind that nourishes the whole body, mind, and spirit. Learn to prepare these rich, luxurious, and delicious truffles with us!
Folded into this silky smooth dessert are some added amazing wellness benefits.
Our Mushroom Revival Cordyceps Powder is a powerful adaptogen, increasingly known for its promising health benefits. Cordyceps may be used to fight cell damage, boosts athletic performance, supports energy and endurance, and a whole lot more other benefits. As an added bonus, Mushroom Revival’s Cordyceps powder lends subtle, carob-like notes that only enhance the deep chocolate flavor.
We’ve elevated the adaptogen properties of these chocolate bites even further by incorporating Ashwagandha from ORGANIC INDIA. Ashwagandha is also a powerful adaptogen, used for many years as a healthy source of vitality. It is also known for its capacity to support the occasional stress response, endurance, stamina, energy, and more. We’ve also paired it with the nourishing benefits of ORGANIC INDIA’s Shatavari, known mainly for supporting hormonal balance.
The decadent dark chocolate and cacao will offer a smooth taste when combined with your favorite Mushroom Revival and Organic India’s favorite supplements! We recommend adding a pinch of cayenne and a touch of maple syrup, shaping, and rolling in cacao powder at the end of the recipe to achieve your perfect declaration of love!
Approximately For 20 truffles
- ½ Cup coconut cream (you can swap in full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight)
- 1 Tablespoon Mushroom Revival Cordyceps powder
- 1 Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha
- 1 Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Shatavari
- A pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 ½ cups chopped vegan chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- ¼ to ⅓ Cup cacao powder, for rolling/dusting
- Heat the coconut milk or cream to just a simmer. Turn off the heat and whisk in the vanilla, Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Cordyceps Powder, and cayenne (optional).
- Stir in the chocolate and loosely cover to keep the heat in, until it melts. (If the chocolate doesn’t melt, feel free to gently bring up the heat then turn it off again, or microwave in ten-second increments until smooth).
- Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the vanilla and maple syrup (optional).
- Let the mixture sit uncovered in the refrigerator for approximately 2 hours, until firm but not too hard. (If the chocolate is too hard to scoop, let sit at room temperature to soften slightly.)
- Place cacao powder in a small dish. Using a tablespoon, scoop the chocolate ganache into truffle balls, gently coating each in the cacao mixture.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate to firm up further!
We recommend storing the truffles in a covered bowl, inside the refrigerator for up to 5 days maximum.